Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Who Me?

The most far out there thing for some one with insecurities to do is to go out on a limb and tell the world that she does. It is risky. What might other people think? What might they say? I am not sure, but I would venture to say that most women ... if being totally truthful would say, "Me, too." Regardless, I am here to say that I battle with insecurities. I battle with looking in the mirror. Scars from breast cancer have forever transformed my body into something that make me avoid the mirror when at all possible. Then there is the extra weight that I carry around, in truth it is probably causes and a cause of quite a few insecurities. Looking back at many of the negative pivotal events of my life, there is a common root ... trying to fix insecurities on my own, which often only served to feed them. My insecurities and I are age old friends. We have known each other a long time, but we are going to re-evaluate our relationship. It might be time to lay them down ... for real ... forever ... for sure. It is not like I haven't tried. I have tried many a time to lay them down at God's feet and leave them there, but it just doesn't seem to work in the long run. So, I am beginning a nine week journey in the search of true security in a world that seems so insecure. Starting next week, I will be doing the Beth Moore online book study of "So Long, Insecurity." I am sure that it will be a bumpy ride at times, but it is time. Time to take control. Time to give up control. Time to learn. Will let you know how it goes. My prayer ... that they would fall as quickly as the pounds I plan on loosing along the way.

Lisa

PS ... if you too struggle with insecurity and would like to work through it with a community of women that would not be surprised to hear that you too struggle with feeling secure in all walks of life ... visit her blog to get the details.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

We all battle it, in one form or another. Will be thinking of you;)

Rachelle said...

Mine got the best of me and I am on medication for them...LOL! Good luck girlie.