Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Being Willing to Look at Things a Different Way

OK ...

(I just realized how many of my posts start with those 2 simple letters ... hmm ... interesting.) Anyway The Pioneer Woman inspired me to step out of my safety zone of the automatic setting of my Nikon D80, and experiment with the A and S settings instead. The experiment, play with depth of field. The photos below are the results. There are a few thoughts of mine at the end as well.


A Lavender Stalk
(Notice that there is one small area in focus.)



Spring Visitor
(Love the pollen.)




The Magic of a Spray Bottle
(Love the perfectly round drop on the stamen of the blossom.)



It all begins with a single drop.
(This one just makes me smile.)


A second look.
(Don't miss the reflection in the drop.)


I am in love with the A and S settings of my camera. It was a great challenge for me, and the results are amazing! I find myself looking at things thinking ... that would look so cool with a shallow depth of field! BUT ... this new adventure would not have been possible if I was not willing to step away from what I was comfortable with ... from what was easy ... from what I have always done. It took taking a risk ... looking at things differently ... and stepping into the unknown.

So many things are like that in life. Too many times we stagnate in comfort and miss the blessing of the unknown. There are so many opportunities for us to experience life in ways that we never imagined possible. God has woven them into each and every day ... we just need to be willing to step away from what we are comfortable with ... from what is easy ... from what we have always done. So be brave. Take your life off of auto. Risk it. The results will be amazing.

Lisa

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love the pictures! Beautiful!

Jenny
www.keepinginstride.com