Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Finding

Ok ... so it has been four days and I have already memorized my verse. :0) There are a few things I have noticed about it that I think are worth sharing. The first line of the verse is, " I will give them a heart for me." God does not say, "Have a heart for me." He says that he will give them or me ... or us) a heart for him. I can't have a heart for him on my own accord, it is something that I have to ask for. It is something that I have to depend on him for! The second part of that sentence is, "that I am the LORD." LORD here stands for YAHWEH, or "I forever was, and forever will be." He wants them, or us, to know that he is and and will always be. The next line is (and I am doing this without it in front of me ... just so ya know!), "and they shall be my people, and I will be their God." When we ask for, and are given a heart for him ... we renew and deepen our covenant with him. The final line says, "for they will return to me with their whole heart." Interesting it starts with the word for. It is a given that they will return. He knows, and he adds that they will return with their whole heart. If we ask for him to gift us with the desire to know him ... he will give it and we will return to him with our whole hearts. Whole hearts, when I looked it up, refered to mind, body, spirit, whole self. It refered to all of a person ... every facet. What a verse! Clearly chosen (by God for me) for a reason as I start this journey.

This evening, I sat down and a poem flowed out of my pen. I think I will close with that poem.

Seek me and
I will provide you with
the gift of desire.
For only with this gift
will your heart
yearn to know more
of me and my ways.
Accept it and know
that I am Yahweh-Elohim.
The one who is
your God
who waits for your return
from the exhile
of your own making.
You know so much of me,
but do you know me?
No, because your heart
has not the power
on its own.
Come and ask.
You will be mine,
and I will be your God
asking only for
your whole heart
in return.


Thanks for stopping by!

With prayers for God's hand in your life,

Lisa

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey Lisa. I checked out your blog after reading the post that you left on the LPM site. I really enjoyed your blog and I will be sure to come by and encourage you in this new year. May God bless you as you keep your gaze fixed on him. Our God is soo good. There are days as i minister here in the darkness of the country of Nepal that I wonder how I will keep doing it.. but as I focus on the lover of my soul Jesus Christ He gives me exactly what I need. I have found Him to be such an amazing refuge and my ever present help.. I am praying for you
Jenn Hand

God's Girl said...

I love the poem you wrote. It was awesome! Thank you for sharing it! God has truly gifted you.

Love you friend!

Erica said...

Beautiful! Way to go girl! Perfect. Our Savior meets us right where we're at! Love that.